PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Base Ports
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2007, 08:53
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply El Commandante.

I will dig into the Cathay timetable and see how the Perth base is fixed for the Airbus. As I said, all Oz bases considered (how very generous of me, I know) but I would prefer PER.

Command is not a snag if the take-home pay is reasonable but I'll obvioulsy get that information before even applying. Perhaps there's some kind soul who could spill the beans.........

Trust me, I know the decision to 'jump' must not be made lightly. Having read a lot of the threads in the Fragrant Harbour section I can see there is a great deal of disquiet (to put it mildly) with the CX pilots. I am sure a lot of it is a result of just being a pilot in a major carrier, because we're exactly the same in ours and you see it World over. Of course, there are some specific areas where CX are understandably cheesed off (the pay deal being the most obvious) but I need to weigh the disadvantages against the lifestyle advantages and a PER base, with reasonable pay would win. All this, of course, assumes I'd pass the Cathay interview. I'm pretty good at flying these things but have preferred, in the past, to leave the design and construction of them to Boeing. Likewise, computers and met men are far better at doing the weather job than me and I'll leave aerodynamics to people with beards and white lab coats. I guess I'll just have to dust the books off and re-learn all that extraneous crap that I dumped years ago Oh, and of course re-train my wife not to spit and swear at the cocktail party

Chocolates away.....

Edited for worse spelling than usual.

Last edited by Pontius; 14th Sep 2007 at 12:44.