PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 14th Jul 2003, 10:53
BlenderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squawk7777

Yes SCT means Secretaria de Comunicaciones y Transportes and the #2 means the main SCT is the Falcon Jet they also have, along with about 25 other aircraft, SCT does the same thing the DOT in the U.S.

We mostly fly around the country scouting for good places for new roads, airports, bridges and such, but when the hurricanes strike we usually spend about a month doing disaster relief carrying sick, food, water, medicine, looking for improvised runways for the IAI Aravas to take over. It never fails and we have usually been out every year since 1996.

You say you got a ride in one of the KingAirs, I love going around in the red Cessna Citations the ones that do the verification of navaids and procedures, those flights are soo much fun, in one day they will fly to 5 different airports do the app a couple of times and do the most awsome manuvers I have seen a private jet do, (except the acrobatic lear 23 I saw in Acapulco a few months ago, an american fellow who does amazing things!) If you ever get a chance hop into one of their flights!