PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2007, 05:05
smashley1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skin?

Hi everyone.

Just want some opinions as to whether I am wasting my time going to the open day in a couple of days.

Basically I'm worried about my skin. I have had a bad case of acne this year and am getting over it now thanks to a dermatologist and some rather strong pills (Isotane 20). It has improved drastically, but I've still got some red spots. I haven't got any whiteheads or blackheads, but I have some scarring. I also have a burn under my chin which I got when was a baby. If it makes any difference, I'm a 22yo guy.

I know y'all are thinking I sound like a hot mess right now! Besides all of the above, I've been told not to worry about it because I'm a good looking guy - though I'm not sure how much that has to do with the price of fish.

Anyways, I have a really strong customer service background (very high-class retail and front-line for a forgien goverment office). I've also got a good university degree behind me. I think, judging by what I've read on this forum, that I've got what it takes to make it with Emirates, but I'm thinking it mightn't become a reality due to my skin... I don't want to walk in there and know when I look at the recruiters that they be thinking, "What is this boy trying to prove coming up in here with his face lookin' a mess like that?!"

Anyway, if someone can please let me know what they think I'd really appreciate it! I just went and bought a new suit and shoes for the open day I'm that excited! I really want to get this position!