PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurofighter a dud - London plans to reduce order for obsolescent fighter
Old 13th Sep 2007, 23:25
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Translation - "You can replace your QRA Tonkas and swing-role ground pounders, or you can have aircraft flying off carriers. Not both.

Cant believe its really come to this. If the budget for procurement was this damned tight, I'll be surprised we've got enough money to fly Spitfires off those carriers if they get built...
Great, so MoD screws up God knows how many projects so that they run so late and eye wateringly over budget, so that we can't actually afford the kit we need.

I suppose it would be too much to ask that those working in the MoD are given a good hard kick in the bollocks every time they screw up and project over runs lead to a little bit more of the country's defence capability being whittled away? After a couple of times of mincing their way down Whitehall to get the train back to their cushy houses in the Shires, they may get fed up and start to do their jobs properly. Just a thought. Well more of a hope really.

If MoD do all their project management based around Prince2, if I were the originator of Prince2 I would be looking to distance myself from this shower of ****e.