PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Crystal Ball
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2007, 23:09
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
................"smoking hole", an unfortunate nic name for someone in the aviation industry!.yep I too was a tradesman in a previous life< god it seemed sooooo long ago now & we too did or tried to do something similar to what you mentioned here to gain more money. But, & there's always a but! We have wittnessed in the past exactly what you mentioned here with respect to all telling the boss to stick it & await an expected payrise 'cause he/they needed us............world war 3 as I call it (the pilots dispute) tried pretty much that............Hawke & Ables hoped into bed with each other & put that to rest in this country once & for all, the rest is history...sadly that tactic simply doesn't work in aviation as we saw. I'm not saying don't do this but in order to do just that one would need to be very well prepared. I do hope tho that yr crystal ball is accurate & all we have to do is wait & see....still sillier things have happened in aviation, I live in hope that it will get better (as it ought to) & without hope we have nothing !

Capt wally:-)