PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe Sponsorship - Why are they doing it?
Old 13th Sep 2007, 21:59
r44flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agent Oringe, there is no substitute for hard work and diligence so well done for putting the effort in over the groundwork.

However, and if I have the wrong end of the stick with this one forgive me, tarring wannabes with the same brush regarding limiting your options because they want to fly shiny jets from the off is just not fair or correct. To paraphrase an aviation classic, I'd fly rubber dog**** out of Hong Kong (via piston twin!) if it meant getting a first commercial job... turboprops for Flybe is therefore a promotion

Anyway, it's frustrating to see some wannabes with blinkers on to all but the creme de la creme of aviation careers, so I suppose I sympathise with your earlier thoughts to a degree. However, patience is all that's needed in a place like this, even in the face of constant repetition to/from new blood.

Thanks for the pointer on the BALPA conference, it seems like something I would be very interested in so may well pop down and fire some questions.

Out of genuine sympathetic interest have you yet managed to move types onto 737 or similar?