PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe Sponsorship - Why are they doing it?
Old 13th Sep 2007, 20:56
Agent Oringe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naive? Probably not. Did my homework and research? Yes.
I also never had the luxury of the Internet either. I too, stacked shelves in Tesco's. I was on the phone every other day, which in it's self cost a small fortune and going to conferences such as the:-

BALPA Employment Opportunities Conference.

2007 EOC - Date: Saturday 20th October, 2007 - Renaissance Hotel, Bath Road, (Nr. Heathrow Airport), Middlesex The 11th Annual BALPA EOC – September 2006 Report from 23 airlines and agencies from around the world.

http://www.balpa.org/intranet/Member...20EOC%2006.pdf

Here is an Ideal opportunity to see if the Big Boys really give a tinkers cuss about your imaginary bad habits.
What you all need is a JOB flying and flying ANYTHING.
I appreciate that a lot of you have gone and spent or are about to consider spending thousands pursuing your dream job and that you are probably putting yourselves out of the same, by limiting the offers that you think that you'll accept.

Once you have a position, it is far, far easier to move on, it may not be your shinny new 777 just yet. You may have to consolidate/defer your financial arrangements but at least you will be in a position to move on.

Trust me, the CPL/ATPL/Tech Exams, GFT's/IR/ Type Ratings and the SIM etc, are a walk in the park compared to the stress that you are about go through over the next few years. It will certainly be character building, of that you can be certain.

Good luck to all, which ever choice you decide to make.