PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2007, 15:49
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Lemurian...

Regarding marciovp's citations, and here I disagree with PBL, it is not a matter of contestation, it's the fact that obviously this accident has a lot of political implications which are polluting both the families' privacy and right to mourn their losses serenely and this thread which should remain as objective as possible

Of course I respect your views but I decided to allow myself the right to disagree in a proper way. You know that air disasters have many dimensions and this one is not different than the others. Even if indeed the "objective" cause was the TLs giving opposite commands because the pilots did not pull the right engine to Idle, still there are questions to be asked. Let me mention a few, some of them very "subjective" that, in my views, could be addressed:

1. Why the plane was loaded with more fuel than needed?
2. Why the plane was carrying more people than it was certified for? (It was certified for 162 seats and had 174 seats).
3. Why did this plane landed with a locked out reverser in a short, wet, slippery runaway?
4. Why didnīt AB make it mandatory for all A320s to have the new software that keep advising the pilots of one TL not being in Idle or Rev.
5. Why this particular plane has had now three similar accidents by six pilots making the same mistakes?
6. Why ANAC made a rule that planes should not land in Congonhas with one reverser locked out and then withdrew it?...
7. Why Congonhas runway was liberated in a rainy day without grooving?
And so on.

If our aim is to learn the better we can about the factors that may have made this disaster possible in order to prevent further ones, isnīt this a way to respect and protect many crews, passengers and families in the future?...

It seems to me that it is of interest to know not only what CENIPA is investigating but also about information coming from any agency that is investigating the disaster.