PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe Sponsorship - Why are they doing it?
Old 13th Sep 2007, 11:43
Boing7117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It really frustrates me that people are so quick to just say "X Airline are rubbish because I'm not getting paid as much etc etc".
I don't think people have the mindset that an airline is "rubbish" - simply put, an airline offering an opportunity to wannabee's is then going to pay you a salary which WILL NOT be enough to pay back a £65k loan.

Either these people are loaded and so they can pick and choose who they go with or they're just too picky.
I'm not loaded. Far from it. I don't even have a car outside my terraced house. But if I was offered a position with FlyBe I'd have to think very carefully about the financial risk to myself based on the amount of money I owe the bank - the repayments and the frequency of them based on a salary which doesn't go all that far these days.....

I'm not loaded. I'm not picky. But there's a fine line between being realistic and just getting that first job. For those in the OAT/FTE/Cabair HSBC £65k group such as myself - FlyBe is not such an attractive position.