PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2007, 10:45
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RWA
Have you ever had to operate the levers as laid down in the previous MEL, 'one to idle, one to full reverse'? Or opted to, or been asked to, practise the drill on a simulator? If so, how did you get on? Any snags or difficulties?
Yes, I have, both on the sim and in real line operations. There is no problem at all, both on reverse selection and on directional control, even on a wet runway.(Mind you, never in the short / slippery surface that was CGH runway at the time of the accident ).
As a matter of fact, flying for an airline that completes some 1100 /1200 landings per day on the 320 family, I have never heard of any such mis-manipulation of the T/Ls.
flyingnewbie
C'est le Roi des Lemurians qui est arrivé...
Et Il ne peut pas etre conteste...
Donc S'il vous plait,
Arrete de l'importuner, MarcosVP
Your french is pretty good. just add a *z* to "arrete" to get the polite form of verb address and it would be perfect.
Regarding marciovp's citations, and here I disagree with PBL, it is not a matter of contestation, it's the fact that obviously this accident has a lot of political implications which are polluting both the families' privacy and right to mourn their losses serenely and this thread which should remain as objective as possible.
I was -and still am - rather concerned about the publication of the CVR transcript, although it has been quite severely edited as the last moments of the crew -therefore of all the people inside this airplane- became fodder for the public's - often ghoulish - curiosity and scrutiny.