PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Way Now?
Thread: Which Way Now?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2007, 05:17
blackbirdcruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Way Now?

Hello everyone!

A little introduction of myself before I start seems appropriate. I've recently turned 18, studying for my A Levels with a few orientation flights in C172 in Louisiana, USA after an exchange programme. I have an SPL (CAAS) since last year to begin with, although I have not started flight training yet due to financial reasons last year. Yes, it is still valid and I'm good to go for training.

I've established that my goals, in ascending order is to be a RSAF pilot, commercial pilot, charter pilot and finally a flight instructor. As you can tell, I simply want to fly for my career and its been my daily goal since young. I could go on about aviation related events that I have participate, but that's not of importance here. Mainly, I want to be a fully certified pilot in the short run. In the long run, I want to want the cockpit to be my office.

I have done my fair amount of research, and I would like to hear what you guys have to say/advise/contribute on the direction which I have to take after much frustration.

SYFC rejected me twice, mainly the first time my O Level EMath score was D7. After which, I retook and scored a B4. And they still rejected me. I felt rather demoralised, but I was encouraged that there is no one sure way of becoming a pilot. Hence, I stuck with the rejection and continued looking elsewhere.

Looking a little over the horizon, flight training in Johor. FRAS, JFC and EFC are attractive but there seems to be competition in terms of success rates, duration and cost. I'm quite confused by the current scene there, and I would like to know if there are any Singaporeans who are currently in active training or have already completed.

What do I do now to get to where I want?

Hit me with the details. My turn to listen.. (: