PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Crystal Ball
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2007, 19:45
4PW's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about that, aircraft. Venting my spleen against a PPRuNe phantom I misidentified as representing Management was wrong. I shouldn't have targeted you, and I apologise. Hey, I'm no Buddhist, but Karma got me in the form of shaking the my building like a wet dog drying itself. Bengkulu earthquake. Not cool. But back to the thread: you mentioned market rates, and that a high quote for a mine contract would lose against a competitor's lower quote, basis lower pilot salaries. Did you mean to compare that to quotes to build houses in the last 7 years? Perhaps you should have as the electricians, plumbers, chippys and blocklayers didn't play along. Every trade increased rates in quotes and still got the jobs because every other contractor increased rates at the risk of not getting the tradesmen to work for them as, oddly enough, people wanted houses built. Same thing may well repeat itself with pilot salaries. People want to fly from A to B and beyond. Without dissing you, who cares about some dumb-ass'd Seppo Manager in a GT book? So he can't make money. His problem. Nothing to do with pilot salaries. Logically, that this poor, unfortunate man can't make profits for his airline doesn't translate to he didn't pay the pilots well. CEO salaries weren't lowered recently. I read with interest that Qantas, that wonderful airline, has raised its CEO's salary right now. What on earth, which shook recently, makes you think your salary won't go up due to market forces, in the same way the electrician's has these last few years? My gut feeling is salaries won't go up as much as the original writer of this thread suggested, but hey, that's just me

Last edited by 4PW's; 12th Sep 2007 at 19:57.