PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maxjet
Thread: Maxjet
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2007, 17:40
xxx5572

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its very interesting to hear how quickly maxjet are looking to open new routes, i still dont believe that they have a strong enough core in terms of OTP and minimal tech issues, like many say those 767's are not exactly the best and would hate to think how much the maintenance bill is taking out of revenue?

The Arrival of American Airline i believe will cause many problems for Maxjet.........Why? Well with AA operating an identical route if there are any problems on a maxjet (bearing in mind it sells itself as a business class airline)these passengers demand slightly more and business passengers that have meetings to make will only ask to be put on the AA flight in turn Maxjet losing custom but with a customer flying with your competition, will maxjet ever see them again.... i seriously doubt it.

However take the same situation with AA if the tech problem is serious enoough what will they do?? Bus the pax down to LHR, LGW or use any of their alliance partners to accomodate the pax, slight inconvenience however the pax have still had the problem resolved instead of being put into the radisson and wait for problem to be solved.

I would give Maxjet 6 months to drop the JFK route and start to concentrate on the other routes they have planned. Only time will tell.