PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR - Time to command
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2007, 16:44
shneidertrophy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Gentlemen,

Although many of the things said here ARE indeed correct, I would have to correct you on the following.

• Upgrading at QR is continuing, just as before.
  • Right to left seat transfers on the A330 will continue, just as before, for those who meet the extra requirement of 1 year on the fleet and 6000hrs heavy jet time.

QR515s calculations about the numbers are correct; the training department is physically limited in its number of upgrades / year.

What happened during the last selection meeting was that two out of 8 pilots performed under average on their command upgrade interview.

So in stead of failing them 100%, the management decided to give them a chance NOT on A330 but on the A320 fleet!

Exactly how their reasoning regarding decision saw the light or where the logic is to be found, I do not know. This was a first time that a decision of which fleet to go on to was based upon an actual performance during the interview.

Not such a big deal I would say, they still got their chance for an upgrade. Besides that, the gentlemen involved admitted afterwards that their performance during the interview was far from being perfect!

Whether it is them now starting these rumors, or whether it comes from someone else, I do not know.

One thing I do know is that the initial posting by Goat liner is NOT correct. Unfortunately this posting has started an avalanche of rumors and has created a lot of unnecessary worries under the FO’s!

I think this should be avoided at all cost in the future, especially because upper management is following these forums closely and they do not like rumors like this being spread around without a cause.

And at the end, the only victims will be the FO’s awaiting their upgrades!

Last edited by shneidertrophy; 12th Sep 2007 at 21:41. Reason: 15+ became 8 pilots, pointed out by our friend G.L.