PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetair-Foreign pilots facing new problems? Tax matter.
Old 12th Sep 2007, 16:29
R680

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truth

The tax matter is the following: some new JA exec from Singapore AL figured out that they could save 6Mil a year not paying taxes, per the contract. Some technical reading, they believe, allows them to sharp shoot the contract and avoid the payment of taxes. Bottom line: the net money promised has unilaterally been reduced anywhere from 30-50%, depending on the pilot's home country. Now, there seems to be some effort to "appoint" pilot reps to "renegotiate" the contract that they have signed and thought were sound.

I know there are a lot of desperate pilots in the world today, but I don't know why anyone would want to go through all you have to do to fly here when the management is completely cavalier about the contracts they sign. You really have no idea what can happen to you in India in any sense. I'd truly advise anyone to think long and hard about trusting any agreement you think you might have here. It seems indigenous pilots are complaining loud enough to the government to have a negative effect on expats, so let them fly their own schedules.

I strongly advise against undertaking employment at JA, and probably any Indian carrier.