PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlantique Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2007, 15:53
wordyuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All confusing I know but to try and make it as simple as possible. Each individual company that was once part of the Air Atlantique Group has a requirement for their own cadets so they now run seperate sponsorships.

RVL Group (formally Atlantic Reconnaissance of the Air Atlantique Group now operating independantly):

Will be holding selection within the next couple of weeks and looking to take on 3 cadets. Applications to Margaret Royle and can be found on the RVL website. Upon completion of the cadetship, you will fly Cessna 310s, 402s, 404s and will be type rated on the Cessna F406 flying numerous contracts including the HM Coastguard, OSRL, Environment Agency, Ordnance Survey, MOD air taxi and so on.

Classic Flight (Still owned by Mike Collett and still trades under the name of Air Atlantique):

Applications to Debi Unwin and they are looking to take 2 cadets within the next few months. Not quite sure what they will have you flying at the end of it but will most likely be the DC3, Prentice and Twin Pin (but who ever mentioned flying the Hunter that wont happen coz its a rusty shell)

Atlantic Airlines (originally part of the Air Atlantique Group but was subject to a management buyout about 10 years ago and now like RVL, operate independantly)

Operate the Electras and ATPs doing freight work. They have recently taken on a couple of cadets so will not be taking anymore for another 6 months or so. Think the applications go to either Lucy Meardon or Ben Pinner.

I was a cadet for Air Atlantique covering duties for the whole group. I was then taken by RVL during the management buyout of Atlantic Reconnaissance to be an RVL cadet. This left the classic flight operation with no cadets to do driving jobs etc. This is why Classic flight and RVL are both advertising for cadets.

All three sponsorships require you to relocate to Coventry airport as all three companies are based in hangars situated next to each other (Hangars 5, 6 and 7) on the west side of Coventry airport.

All 3 sponsorships offer a fully funded CPL/IR and a GAURENTEED job in return for about 12 months duties as a cadet.