PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AURIGNY AIR working conditions as FO ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2007, 10:56
Carl Rawson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Pablo,
Quazz is absolutely right in what he says. He's a very experienced FO and knows what he's talking about.
I have been with Aurigny (GR) now since last November and barring the odd hicup and disappointment I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy the job and find it very challenging.
I don't think thus far that anyone has told you how to apply to the company. The best way is to put a letter together with your c.v. and email it to DavidRice at Aurigny.com and GunCarlsson at Aurigny.com.
I guarantee that you will get a reply from both. Gun sends standard replies but David Rice who is the Chief Pilot is a thoroughly decent chap, approachable chap who always replies out of politeness whether in the positive OR negative regardless.
If you are successful then I can guarantee you a challenging first few months going through your training but ALL the Training Captains are top blokes and very good at their jobs.
As for the comments of GR600 I understand the sentiments but think that airing them is less than diplomatic and unbecoming of an airline Captain. I'm pretty sure as Quazz says that they don't come from the Captain that they are made to like they do. In fact I had a go around with this Captain not too long ago an found him to be an absolute brick. He was calm and encouraging and it was only when I asked him to take the landing did he take control.
As for the sentiments then I always end my brief by saying. "You are the Captain. If there's any aspect of my flying that you are unhappy with then you can call 'I have control!' and you can call for any further actions that may be required." Some may find it condescending but I think that it lays down the command structure in the cockpit but where do you end? It goes without saying that if for some strange reason the Captain decides that he is going to endanger the aircraft or do something illegal then it's my aircraft once again and we'll talk about it on the ground over a coffee and tapes.
Incidentally do you have an ATR72 type rating Pablo? You'll need one for the job and you'll have to pay for it. If you are a UK resident then try SKYBLUE aviation in Exeter.

Last edited by Carl Rawson; 12th Sep 2007 at 16:11.