PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2007, 09:52
DTVAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two news articles have caught my attention this morning, the first is in the new edition of Airliner World magazine:

Originally Posted by Airliner World October 2007
Flyglobespan has put tickets for its summer 2008 programme at Durham Tees Valley Airport on sale ending speculation that the low-fare airline was to pull out of the North East UK airport. The airline has confirmed that it will offer flights to Alicante, Faro, Malaga, Palma and Tenerife as well as providing an increased service to Jersey.
What speculation? This is the first I've heard of it! For me it casts even more doubt over a second aircraft.

The second article is in the Darlington edition of todays Northern Echo (not in the South West Durham or North East editions), and I haven't read the full article inside, just the headline on the front page, but it's regarding the airport applying to modify part of the expansion plans. So if it's just a publicity stunt like the majority of people think (including me), why would they go to the trouble of changing plans that they have no intention of going ahead with?