PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CANUK Feedback...
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2007, 21:26
JoeCo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeing as how we are on the topic of BBQ's, lets not mention how much the bloody things cost over here. However, my recommendation is to have a set of electric padals on stand-by to help you kick start your heart after you see the price. If you can get over that, you'll be set. OR have one shipped with your belongs if you decide to move over.

As for the 2 months that it really isnt nice BBQ'ing wx, here's what I do. Begin by hydrating. Pop, fizz, bubble bubble, glug glug glug. You get the idea. Run (walk fast) out side for the 1 minute it takes to whip off the cover and light it. Wheel BBQ to side window, in my case, the window beside the kitchen. Run back in. re-hydrate. Then from the comfort of your airconditioned kitchen, prepare meat. Open window, place meat on BBQ. close window. re-hydrate. repeat when the meat needs to be turned. repeat as required. serve. ...simple really!

However, all of this is useless information unless the wife can handle the sand pit as well. No matter what you say, if she doesnt like it, you aint coming. Seen it happen more times then i thought I would.

Other then that, lots of CanuCk's over here which makes for good social events. Plus a "club for canadians" which hosts Canadian related events for Canadians. Hell I even won some Timmy's at an auction one time. Its good and I'll drink it because i am Canadian eh, but over here i prefer Starbucks.

Otherwise, everything the rest of the lads have said regarding the quality of life you can afford over here is bang on. There's no way I'd be able to afford half the things I do here if I was earning a Canadian wage. I'm not saying its all roses or that the cost of living is low (I.e. rent - but lets not get side tracked with that) but my favorite part is that a dollar earned is a dollar kept and that makes for a huge difference.

Good luck. With an opened mind you will enjoy the change.