PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe Sponsorship - Why are they doing it?
Old 11th Sep 2007, 21:10
Ian_Wannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It really frustrates me that people are so quick to just say "X Airline are rubbish because I'm not getting paid as much etc etc".

Either these people are loaded and so they can pick and choose who they go with or they're just too picky.

Being from a family who has 1 car parked out side of a semi-detached house I would quite happily take this scheme regardless of it "not being a real sponsorship".

I think people realise its not a real sponsorship, PROPER sponsorships are nowhere to be seen now because of the way the industry is but at least its a chance for people to secure that HSBC loan with the backing of a company who are willing to help you get to where you want to be. You don’t have to stay there for life.

The annoying thing is that I bet those people who say "I wouldn’t touch Flybe with a barge pole" are already secured in a nice CPL job, or are the type of person who get through the selection process first time.

Be happy that someone is actually trying to hire, be it Tagged schemes or not, its better than nothing.

Also, "Perhaps your training Captains have the arrogance problem?"

Perhaps - but as I've stated I was just repeating an opinion which I happen to agree with. Is it not too difficult to think that an airline operates a certain way and therefore would like to take a pilot who hasn't picked certain dislikes from flying with a different airline?