PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe Sponsorship - Why are they doing it?
Old 11th Sep 2007, 20:45
JamesTigris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that there can be alot of negativity in this industry, and maybe a little too much so at times, but looking at the situation for guys trying to force their way into an FO seat its is perhaps possible to at least sympathise.

People are describing this scheme as a positive move from FlyBe, which is a sad state of affiars for wanabes because (although I'm considering stage 2 of it at the moment) I really don't see that it is sponsorship in any way.

The scheme will cost over £65,000 to the cadet in the long run, there is no more assurance of a job than with other integrated schemes, and both FlyBe and CCAT have the right to simply decide they don't like you and recoup their 'costs' (which some have suggested they have never even spent!) directly from you/ your guarantor at any point in the process.

I'll probably explore it further by heading to stage 2 but my eyes are deffinatly wide open, there is no actual sponsorship (investment that they stand to loose) by the airline or the FTO and certainly no discount on traditional integrated training.