PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan - 6
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2007, 20:03
bonernow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confirmation was given to the stn based crews today that GSM are indeed pulling out of stn.

Management cited the new costs being levied by BAA STN as the reason for the company pulling out.

Even RYR are looking for an alternative to STN due to the nature of the increase in charges & RYR have 40 or so aircraft based there. If the price hikes continue a lot of the smaller operators at the airport will be re-locating to another southern based airport or closing down their operations as appropriate.

It begs the question, why have BAA STN decided to suddenly increase their charges so much? Speaking as a Pilot and as a passenger who has used STN regularly, I think it's one of the worst airports in the country. I fail to see how there can be any justification in the price rise. It's not like the level of service offered by the airport is anywhere near decent!!

Don't know if the crews have been offered jobs at EDI/GLA but I know GSM are short of crew in those airports so I would imagine guys will still have jobs within the company, but may have to relocate/commute.