PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helipads, hotels and Others: Requests, Recommendations & Rip-offs
Old 11th Sep 2007, 16:26
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 422 Likes on 222 Posts
I use hotel and other private landing pads quite a lot. Some charge nothing, probably seeing the parked helicopter as a "status" thing for customers and potential customers to see.

Others charge £50, which will be waived if the hotel is used for accomodation or other facilities are paid for.

Some request a donation to charity.

One near Taunton charges a slightly more expensive £100 per movement - but then claim the depature as a second movement and want another £100

The most expensive I've found so far was a London private school. They wanted £1200 to pick up 2 pax from their playing fields, no other services provided. They have their own "business generation manager", say no more. We didn't go.

The one that pee'd me off the most was the one where, having paid the £50 landing fee and been given a complimentary cup of tea while I waited for the aircraft owner to return, they changed their minds about the tea being free and pursued me for £3.50.