PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A request to To the self appointed 'Guard' (121.5) Police
Old 11th Sep 2007, 14:13
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must be missing something here...
Here is a thread about misuse - grossly unprofessional misuse - of 121.5 by tossers calling each other for a chat, whistling, blowing raspberries etc and yet all the slamming and lambasting is being directed at the poor ordinary joes who are keen to have a quiet emergency frequency in the background and get frustrated enough to speak out.
Do we stop kids littering in the streets by keeping quiet, or by sharply correcting them? Well?
Do we blame the "shushers" at the theatre, or the **** who is chatting loudly?
Lets get a realistic grip on who are the real problem here, and they surely aren't (in the main) the "Guard Police".
If ATC do nothing, ie are negligent, in enforcing correct use of guard then surely someone else has to? Do other nations have an auto-triangulation system on guard like the UK? If not why not, and if so why don't they use it to identify and prosecute the abusers, whistlers and chatters? I seldom notice guard abuse in UK airspace. I wonder if Drayton Centre's D and D cell's triangulator is the reason for that?

some nasal Oxford accented voice
Man, there sure are some unashamed bigots here on Prune!