PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR - Time to command
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2007, 11:05
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL,

we where not talking about 10000hrs FOs, the difference was the s5000 vs 6000Hrs rule which discriminates. I agree with you, put a real limit there of lets say 3 years on type and 5000hrs or 8000hrs TT. Than I might agree with you.

10 years still is the industrys average my friend. Check the US majors, the EU majors and the asian majors. All of them have between 8 and 15 years to go for command.

And the A320 is STILL a better aircraft for your upgrade anyway!

If your ego is hurt because of that or you can not accept this, maybe you are not ready for your command anyway!

I will not go deeper into the problematics of the current selection process and most of what you are saying is right. But thats a different topic.

Fact to the matter is that if you want a longterm stable company, you have to set clear rules. And worldwide it has been agreed that the following is the normal transition in your career.

FO short haul - FO long haul - capt short haul - capt long haul

Regarding bending the rules. Since I have been here the most important rules have been bent several times, including rules for upgrades and promotions.
And I have been here VERY long!

You can either get frustrated by it or you accept it and accept them as long as you can! I choose the last option because the firts one will kill you!

IN QR you are on your own mate, nobody will help you no matter how many extras you have been doing for the company before you. Unless you become CP yourself, you have to obey the rules!