PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age
Thread: Age
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2007, 10:38
uncle ian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Psyan,
You are, of course, entitled, even encouraged in this forum, to express your opinions. May I be so bold as to inform your opinion by pointing out that, with the active (that is to say financial) support of some 50 PPruners, I am seeking to change the legislation in the UK by taking the CAA to court for Age Discrimination. So rather than sitting tapping away at a keyboard many of us are doing something.
All the evidence that I can find indicates that that there is no significant deterioration in ability nor any greatly enhanced risk of an incapacitating cardiac event as the 60th birthday is reached. The risks do increase with age but not significantly in that decade.
I've been flying since 1973, I don't want to stop because I love it and I'm better at it now than I ever was despite having many other interests outside of aviation.
My opinion is that no one should have the right to stop me flying paying passengers without demonstrating beyond reasonable doubt that to do so puts the public at risk.
Kind regards,
Ian Evans