PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR - Time to command
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2007, 10:34
goatliner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Qatari 515 and Ironbut

unfortunately you are right that they will change the rules whenever it pleases and yes it would be very good for my ego to get an upgrade on the big bus but additionally I have to say that first officers with 10000 hrs experience are the much better commanders than 6000 hr 737 drivers that aren't even able to build a proper english sentence.
You reflected on the poor guys that are still on the 320 and 300 A/C after sacrificing 18 months on these ( but of course joined without type ) , whereas it is absolutely fair to have first officers flying for 5 years in the right hand seat although they fulfill every requirement that was put up within the last years.
Fleet transfer from 320 and 300 was very fast within the last 3 years but upgrades where zip- so far to the fairness topic- we are used to that and don't expect any changes there.
Regarding to the fact that we are still attracting pilots from all over the world I would like to say that this is very understandable if you consider the type of pilots we screen. No big airline experience ,no proper R/T, no flying skills (with some rare exceptions that are highly welcome here)from all the third world countries, guys that would have never had the chance to fly a modern fly by wire A/C anywhere else in a "normal" environment.
Three crashes during screening on a normal approach (2 engines, 18kts x-wind) - You didn't do very well but you passed, welcome.
Time to command 10 years in a developing airline makes me laugh hearty. Obviously you never looked around and realized that emerging markets are naturally related to shorter time to command.

RGDS
G.L.