PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Want the JOB but will not pay 35k for it?
Old 11th Sep 2007, 05:47
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
"I will be better off" excuse to justify walking over other people to get their jet job. Saying "I will be $500,000 to $750,000 better off by paying" is crap. If everyone didn't pay, and the airlines were forced to pay for the training, then you would have been $530,000 to $780,000 better off.
Yeah.

I didn't understand that post either. How is a professional better off by paying for his training?

I didn't pay for airline my training. Bought an inner city terrace instead. On that one deal only, I am six figures better off compounded a decade later.

The pilot who pays for his training, has utilised approximately an entire year of savings which could have been invested or enjoyed. With a view to the very poor First officer salaries you get in an LCC.

Now consider it over a career. How many more times will this pilot pay for his training or buy a job through an endorsement? You would be destitute at worst and far from financially independant at best; and as a consequence vulnerable to accepting whatever is presented by employers during negotiations.

Rich pilots. Poor pilots.

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 11th Sep 2007 at 08:03.