PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firearms and aircraft
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2007, 00:48
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's nothing scarey about guns - unlike some of the f*ckwits who still manage to get their hands on them!

I think Bizzybody has it pretty well covered.

"When the weapon is loaded, I make sure that the muzzle is pointing aft to reduce the risk of catastrophic results in the event of an accidental discharge, and the weapon is as secure as I can make it."

Hard to imagine a circumstance, these days, where there is a need to carry a loaded weapon in an aircraft, apart from aerial shooting operations.

When engaged in aerial shooting (mostly choppers) I have always had a door off and the muzzle out the door. Have seen one Bell 47 bubble killed stone dead by a 12 g SSG blast.

Have used "scare" cartridges fired from a 12 g when mustering cattle - same deal - door off and muzzle pointed out the door at all times.

Ah, the good old days - used to carry a range of weaponry (favourite 357 magnum) for stock destruction!

Still have vivid memories of a night in a well known pub in NW Qld when the publican came over the bar with a Colt 45 Auto, to politely ask a customer to leave!

Dr

Last edited by ForkTailedDrKiller; 11th Sep 2007 at 02:00.