PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firearms and aircraft
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2007, 00:30
bizzybody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is from my ops manual
FIREARMS
A firearm will not be accepted for carriage on a company aircraft unless the firearm bolt can be carried in a baggage compartment that is not accessible from the cabin while the aircraft is in flight. If the bolt cannot be removed, the firearm may be carried in a baggage compartment that is not accessible from the cabin while the aircraft is in flight. A firearm may be carried as general cargo in an aircraft not engaged in passenger carrying operations. All firearms must be empty of ammunition
The discharge of firearms from company operated aircraft is prohibited unless the operation is an aerial work function approved in the AOC and is conducted in accordance with procedures given in Part D of this manual
regarding police and security

Ammunition, securely boxed (in Division 1.4S, UN 0012 or UN 0014 only), in quantities not exceeding 5kg (11lbs) gross weight per person for that person’s own use, excluding ammunition with explosive or incendiary projectiles. Allowances for more than one passenger must not be combined into one of more package

just our policy but i think it will be the same across the board. We just dont do it. I think ihave only ever had 1 person ask for us to do it but we didnt win it anyway