PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dash 8 gear problems ( Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2007, 22:25
Caudillo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight thread drift:

I checked out the second video of the second post - you see the right gear collapse, I think the aircraft apparently shifts over onto the grass. I can't make out any flames nonetheless the firetruck rolls up and blows its foam at the a/c.

I'd just like to get some opinions here for me to think over, and of course it's difficult without being there and knowing the exact circumstances.

However, given what I've described above - would you be thinking evacuation? It looks like a quiet airfield (may of course be mistaken) - how would you view an evacuation if the above had happened at say Heathrow or another busy airfield?

From here it's not clear to me one way or another - I'd assume given the nature of what happened that there's not been time to get onto 121.6, even if there hasn't been a fire indication - which I'd imagine likely - from the front they'd be unlikely to be able to tell what's going on in the back either way. Then again, the worst has probably happened - do you want people jumping out of a crooked aircraft? Busy airfield, lots of trucks - how about the chances of roadkill?

I've been thinking about this question recently - ie a soft crash - and would welcome some opinions.

Cheers