PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generic Interview & Recruitment Questions II
Old 10th Sep 2007, 21:45
BestonBoard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Training Vacancies...

I am in agreement with VS I'm afraid. The majority of reputable airlines out there do require experience "in the tube" as it were to be able to provide plausable experience when training crew. As an instructor is often classed as a higher ranking crew member, to go straight into the role is often a very limited opportunity. There are niches in the market as it were, for example if she were an experienced beauty therapist or similar, she may qualify to be part of the grooming/professional image team, but this does depend on the airline.
If you are looking to expand your family, I would honestly ask your partner if flying is what she is looking or in the immediate future... Flying itself takes it's toll on the body, whether short haul or long haul, it is a very tiring profession. As soon as your partner declared her pregnancy to an airline she would be grounded, and commence office based duties... If she wants to fly, is that the correct way of doing it? There is no offence intended at all... Maybe continue with the family growth, and then pursue the skies once the family routine has been estalished??? Just an idea