PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally, some balls - NJS Pilots take industrial action
Old 10th Sep 2007, 15:11
aircraft

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RENURPP,

Regarding the honesty of the management: leaving aside the issue of their alleged non-compliance with certain terms and conditions, if it could be shown that they were being completely honest with respect to the other things that are in dispute, would that change your attitude?

Ross Oakley,

Your idea of what is best for the company is most probably flawed. If you are only a pilot then you will most probably see things with the blinkered view that most pilots have.

The vast majority of pilots tend to be spectacularly ignorant of the business and management aspects of their companies and I'm sure the NJS pilots are no exception.

It seems to be a tradition among pilots to regard their management as inept. How many pilots do you know that have a favourable view of their management?

Answer me this: do you think a group of NJS pilots could replace the current management and do a better job?

I am not a "management type", by the way. I am a GA pilot that has nothing to do with any management. Unlike you however, I am a realist that understands and accepts the nature of the aviation industry and my position in it.