PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 10th Sep 2007, 15:02
Want2Fly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone!

I couldn't find a "wannabees" thread for Virgin Blue, so I figured this is the closest thing to it? Send me packing if there actually is one! lol.

I received an email from DJ about a week ago inviting me to a Melbourne VRD on the 27th of September, which I'm very excited about and have already bought a suit and started preparing for.

I have a truckload of questions of course and am open to ANY advice or tips any person from the industry or just "in-the-know" can give me, but as a starting point - I'm wondering just how many people roughly would be attending this recruitment day and by the end of the day what number of applicants do they generally have still standing to proceed to the next step?

And also, I did my senior first aid through St John's last October (2006) and the senior first aid as a whole doesn't expire til 2009 but the CPR component (only having a 12 month life on it) will expire next month. Is it satisfactory that my CPR is still valid at the time of the recruitment day or do Virgin like close to a full 12 month life remaining on the CPR? Therefore should I book in for a refresher in the coming weeks?

Thanks guys!!