PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accelerated command Emirates
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2007, 14:29
TangoUniform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a problem when individuals such as yourself 757, blindly follow management. I suppose since you have benefited by such actions throughout your career, you might be led to believe that it is an honorable tactic. How do you explain then, that they themselves have admitted that the DEC policy was a mistake? Hard to hear when you are so far up the cavity?

Wow, mensa. You seem to know quite a bit. Are you in recruiting? It's even harder to hear when you are up your own third brown eye. Has in fact the DEC program stopped? Do you know for a fact that applications from qualed f/os have dried up? And how do you quantify that it was the WORST decision ever made by the airline. No doubt you can give examples of DECs without relevant theater experience having difficulties. But I will give you examples of TREs here that have little or no clue about proper NAT procedures, because they don't fly in that theater that much. It's not an ability issue, but an exposure issue. Except for the Varig guys and the few other Latin/South American DEC amigos we have here, how will we ever get to GRU without all the experienced sr. F/Os we have here. Mensa, have you been to GRU? Been to the alternates we will have? For your sake, (if you are a capt), hope your other crew has been there. But I forget, as a self proclaimed "mensa" member-you can do anything.

Perhaps you should contact IATA and let them know what a terrible operation EK has due to its hiring of DECs. While you are at it, better tell them about Singapore, Etihad, Qatar, Korean, JAL, Asiana, Ryan Air, EasyJet, a host of operaters in the UK, DragonAir, Air India, JetAirways, Air Astana, on and on. Better have IATA shut down all of the Parc Aviation, Rishworth, Direct Personnel, recruiting sites. There are too many DECs advertised there. Boy, if you had the chance to go to any other major for more money, better lifestyle, and in your home country as a DEC, you would be a lying sack of sheesa if you said you wouldn't because you disagree with the program.