PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pull up a sandbag ~ "I remember when..
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2007, 12:43
ORAC
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...

Received 1,593 Likes on 730 Posts
I did the marking of the VC-10s when I was in Belize, but I can also remember doing it with lunch boxes in Luqa back on APC with the Lightnings in 76. A Shak made a horrendous landing resulting in a series of bounces resulting in a frantic waving of CRAP boxes (sic). Shortly thereafter the plods came along and confiscated them all.

The competition by the pilots was to see who could draw a recognisable penis with a contrail over the island when on recovery.

It was also where I passed my driving test. 100 yards up the road, U-turn, 100 yards down. Into the compound with all the straw bales and do the reversing/parking lining up the bits of coloured tape on the dash & steering wheel. Then off down town to get my international driving licence - which I drove on in Cyprus for the next 2 years.

Which leads to my driving test in Cyprus with the army 2 years later. When I asked the NCO examiner what happened if I failed, he looked at me in bemusement and said, "I'm sorry Sir, I don't understand the question".