PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accelerated command Emirates
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2007, 12:23
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I mentioned that I didn't know if the Accelerated Command policy was in effect, that means ''IN EFFECT''.......... not simply written as a possibility in the FOM. Every single pilot I have asked about this policy has answered that they have no idea whether it's in effect or not.
Do you adhere to the FOM regulated cockpit/engineer fueling communications dictated in the FOM for example? By your convoluted logic, if it's in the FOM, therefore it is carried out to the letter of the law. Now that is BS and even you know that.
Another example is the priority of command opportunities. We all know that the FOM states one thing, yet the company does as it sees fit under given circumstances.
You said it yourself, YOU have or will fall under blah blah blah in the FOM. Have you been told you have a course date? If so, then the policy is in effect. If you do not have a course date, then who knows? That is my whole point. If it is in effect, you should be given a course date 18 months after you join, so why is that not given to you?
Why are pilots left to second guess policy, when big career decisions are based on things that might not even happen. I just think it's unfair not to come right out and say what is going to happen.
As for the DEC policy, only those who have benefited from it are not willing to agree that it was THE WORST decision in the history of this airline. I can understand their POV certainly and do not blame them personally, but it does not alter the fact that immediately following the period of hiring of DEC's, suitable applications dried up. It was a direct cause and effect. It was the single biggest factor in losing out on lots of good guys coming to EK over a period of 2 to 3 years.
There is a problem when individuals such as yourself 757, blindly follow management. I suppose since you have benefited by such actions throughout your career, you might be led to believe that it is an honorable tactic. How do you explain then, that they themselves have admitted that the DEC policy was a mistake? Hard to hear when you are so far up the cavity?
Is a new joiner supposed to make a decision based on something which may or may not be implemented when his time comes for consideration for command? 18 months, 3 or 4 years to command, is not a big factor in some pilots decision, but its a huge factor for others.
Enlighten us please, have you been given a course date or not?? This will surely clear up any question of whether or not it is in effect, which is the juste of this thread. Oh yes, and if you will, oh all knowing 757, is the DEC policy in effect now?