PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabees & Recruitment II
Old 10th Sep 2007, 04:04
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey AmS-LHR your right I should clarify as I really don't want to put a negative spin on it,

I whole heartedly expect external places to LHR EF (those in the holding pool with first dibs on this) but my main point was don't necessarily expect it to be soon with so much change or loads if you are waiting to apply in the first place - Hold out if you want to but if you want to work at the company take what your given as you never know what might come later - I waited nearly a year in the holding pool and If I'd waited for an EF LHR external to come along my application would have expired and I wouldn't be working for BA at a time when I think, despite what some say, the future could be really good!

The thing is LGW is NOT as bad as what people say - granted it's not as lucrative as LHR but, for a job as crew, it is still a fair wage to start on and, not meaning to sound negative, if you are young and don't hold any professional qualifications you couldn't go wrong picking it as a first job.

like with anything in life it's getting on the ladder that's the hard bit, thereafter you are already in the right place.

As for someone else saying their surprised I net 1500, well, I do..... sometimes it's a bit shy say 1400 sometimes it's a bit better, however, I self fund completely when down route and don't access my allowances so they all go into my pay packet - I think it should really be impossible for ppl at LGW not to clear even 1000 unless they are bidding badly or not taking into account the use of their crew card to pre access wages (not making an accusation I have just never met someone who earns that little).

Anyway for all of you out there in the holding pool - wait for as logn as you feel you can but in the long run if it get's to the point where your application is nearly over and all that's available is LGW please please go for it, it's really a great place to work.

AMS-LHR, CST those were the days! you'll be on your FAM flight before you knwo it chucking out the glamour! Well we try anyway!

x