PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rothmans Aerobatic Team (& Others)
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2007, 00:54
maxchord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rod

Well, you never did anything to upset or embarrass me, I'm just glad I was around to put the fire out when I did - else who knows what might have happened.... those three months at South Cerney had me running at full speed just to stand still, but perhaps that was the idea. It was actually you who led me to this amazing thread, I Googled your name for reasons I cannot remember, and here we are... and a lot of old names from the past as well, but Colin was a part of my life for four years. Strewth, deja vue all over again.

I was on 100 Sqn at West Raynham after four years across the field at the Bloodhound Missile Training School - that really was a punishment battalion, some of my fellow inmates were there for reasons that far exceeded my sentence for "social misconduct..." The job was uninspiring, but as you say the camaraderie was great, and I had a boss that was head and shoulders above any other I served under..

Well, SWMBO has just served up dinner (wife number 3, a SouthWest Airlines captain - and my retirement programme...)

"Be right there dear..."

All the best,

Al Corden