PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU to review liquid ban
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2007, 21:56
Bad Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duty Free is a fiasco, nobody in there right mind is buying "Duty Frees" anymore, when it is abundantly clear that you can get your "Duty Frees" cheaper in ASDA, Tesco's and Sainsbury's, etc. The Perfume/Cosmetics are still reasonable at allegedly 40% off.

The knock on effect of loss of sales is to Invent some obscure threat, that is the Binary Bomb situation.
UK Airports PLC then confiscate all your legitimate toiletries, water, coca cola, medication and so on, as it is decreed dangerous and has not been screened. ( we all know that neither has the products on sale "air side")

You are then allowed to purchase unscreened products at a Premium once air side, even though they are in larger quantities/containers than the 100mls allowed.( Safety my Bottom!)

Solution(excuse the pun) DON'T BUY ANY THING AIRSIDE.

Down side? You bet.....

If you don't, the price of a Bacon Sarnie & a Cuppa will sky rocket to +£20 or more to compensate!

Nothing to do with "Security" all about making a PROFIT at Joe public's expense and the crews of course.
Isn't there an Offwat ? or some BODY, who should be controlling this extortionate Bollox?

Last week as a positioning crew member, though a London Airport, I had to pay the princely sum of £1 for the purchase of 4/ FOUR, plastic bags to put my toiletries in, where as one would have been sufficient. I also had some goon try to confiscate a 250 ml EMPTY pump action container, that I use to fill with warm water whilst on stop overs ( Yes, it is for Bad Hair Days. )

It is a Container for Christ Sake! and an EMPTY one at that. I asked to see his supervisor, which he duly got for me. I suggested that they could X-ray/ swab sample the container, whatever they wished but if it was not returned to me, then I WOULD be pressing charges of Theft. Surprise, surprise they returned said item PDQ.

I am just glad that I don't have to put up with this on a daily basis.

BR.