PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would keep you in?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2007, 19:21
Op_Twenty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, you made some really strong points there. I was thinking about putting the notion about that maybe if we all pulled in the same direction we could stem the flow of people leaving, get people back into happy hour and functions, get the work ethic back, the drive, the pride and the sense that everyday you go to work you can make a difference, feel proud about what you're doing as a team, saying: 'Ok, the Airships are only out for themselves and are more political now than military but that's fine, I won't let that affect me, I'll still do a good job with the guys I have here.'
Unfortunately when I floated the idea in the crewroom most of the guys were just finishing their third 12 hour day that week with a couple more to go, there was general apathy and the 'look after yourself 'cos the service won't' notion was well and truly set. I don't know what the answer is, and oddly, neither do our bosses. The only difference being that I don't get paid to have the answer but they do. I'll fly my jet as I'm paid to and they'll just get paid I guess. 'Blue sky thinking' - 'heads in the clouds' more like (That's what my mate said apparently)