PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ambulance BBC1 Monday 3rd-Friday 6th 0915
Old 9th Sep 2007, 18:09
Flaxton Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brilliant Stuff - might be an idea for you to stop watching after episode 2, as it does concentrate quite a bit on what the crews do off-duty in the next couple! I'm led to believe that next week is a bit grittier but we'll see.

It was always going to be a struggle to fill 10 x 45 minute programs with wall to wall action. Originally the idea was to film it over a much longer period - maybe even 12 months, but in the end it had to be filmed, edited and ready for transmission in less than 4 months. I think the Beeb crew did a fantastic job, and they were all top blokes who didn't whinge when they got left behind on some god forsaken country road in the middle of nowhere in a red flying suit carrying a large camera. And they bought the fish and chips every Friday!!

Bertie - I wish I'd had an old Triumph. Wiping up all the constant oil leaks on the kitchen floor would have stood me in good stead for my daily 902 engine bay wipe!