PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision over Brasil
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2007, 15:08
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you

Thank you barit1. This is my hope too, that the international agencies plus CENIPA and NTSB will arrive at the data without prejudices. I am hoping these agencies will be there.

Joe Skarkey is a north american NYTimes reporter who was a passenger in the Legacy. He has a blog talking about the disaster:
http://sharkeyonbrazil.*************/

It is interesting to notice that since the disaster the NTSB has published some directives to the effect that when a transponder goes off the pilots of any plane should be warned in sound and red color. In the case of the Legacy all that happened was a small warn in small yelow letters in the screen that was not noticed by the pilots. It is also of interest that the FAA has send a directive stating that in some Embraer planes, includingthe Legacy, the pilots should be carefull when resting the feet on the foot rest below the dash because this would alter the radio frequency and the transponder. And NTSB has sent a directive about the working hours of ATC and the times for resting. I suspect all of this related to the Brazilian disaster.

I am confident that eventually we will get there to prevent further disasters like this one.

I also suspect that the Brazilian Air Force should be less defensive and allow for investigation of its equipments and softwares since they are responsible for ATC in Brazil.

We are all citizens of a global community!