PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2007, 12:20
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMI Baby winter 2007/8

finding_nema

The BMI Baby three (maintenance?) aircraft are two BHX based (going from 8 to 6 based) and there is currently one spare (occasionally).

This spare should have now have been EDI based operating into BHX at 8 in the morning and going back at 2030. This just vanished from schedules in August, yet the billboards on the A45 near BHX are advertising EDI five a day and GLA four. However these flights now seem to start on 29/10.

The based aircraft when I last looked for winter 2007/8: -

BHX 6 based
EMA 5 Based
MAN 4 based
CWL 3 based
EDI 1 Based

This obviously adds up to 19 but I assume the 3rd unit will not be taken out until another arrives unless something is about to change.

There is no spare if three are on maintenance but there are so many holes in the schedules that most tech delays can be covered in the day due to aircraft downtime and I think a Manchester aircraft has some early morning downtime until the Geneva starts. I must admit the schedule looked a mess for utilization purposes, with BHX the best out of a bad lot.

The amount of rumours circulating is getting ridiculous and it will be interesting to see if there is at least one announcements in the next few weeks but something seems to be brewing.

The East Mids schedule could be done with four aircraft except for the fact EDI, GLA, BFS, CDG & AMS are all at least double daily. Someone mentioned another regional 145 coming to be based and I was wondering whether it would be used on one of these such as CDG (again).

Pete