PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF pilots leaving
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2007, 09:10
TruBlu351

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, that's fair enough in today's rapidly building supply vs demand for bodies to fill big jets...........i've jumped ship

Just a bit of motivation for the young fella Some people have their hearts set on that kind of flying. Just got back from a flight today....the computer flew 99.6% on autopilot!.......and I was eating for about 85% though, which IMHO was a mighty fine compromise Makin' up for lost Frozo time.

The hands on tactical stuff you do in most RAAF flying squadrons, not necessarily fast jets.....is something which provides a great means to an end if you're headed to the airlines....albeit in a lengthy 10+yrs.
Just options to tick personal aspiration boxes in life.....whatever floats your boat.

I just see the way commercial aviation is going WRT paying for your own conversions and being stuck on very LOW initial wages, trying to pay that loan back on top your mortgage, car loan and possibly even a family to burn that hole in your back pocket..........living tight for 10yrs anyway??

Last edited by TruBlu351; 9th Sep 2007 at 12:48.