PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South Africa Living Expenses
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2007, 20:53
chileno 777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
126.7 and plane4sale
I will train at Algoa. This flying school offers guesthouse accommodation with competitive prices to their students but as a couple we will prefer to rent a place. My girlfriend’s prospective English school (Bay language institute) is assisting us to find a place to rent and we are looking for a place located in Walmer or Summerstrand.

cavortingcheetah
1200 to 1300 USD (9000 ZAR) per month!! .It is incredible how things have changed in S.A. since 2000-2001. I have some friends who studied there (JHB) in those years and said that they used to live with 600-700 USD per month. Chile currently is one of the most expensive countries in Latin America, (a young couple living with middle class standards require with at least 1500 USD per month). Thanks for the Embassy –email advice, to be honest we haven’t thought about that and we will give it a try. Regarding Spanish lessons do not think as possible due to the fact that she will be quite busy studying English.
Correct me if I am wrong but with current prices S.A is becoming (for flight training) almost as much as expensive as Florida (training in a small FTO as Dean International)?

One more question to everybody: how about crime in P.E? I am aware that crime stats are rising in JHB and Pretoria, but I am not quite sure about P.E. I do know that every city has dangerous areas but what about Walmer and airport surrounded areas in P.E?

Chileno777