PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intergated Training - Any recomendations!?!?
Old 8th Sep 2007, 17:08
World of Tweed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gather Accom and Food is extra at OAT - FTE is included.

Campus at FTE is amazing, purpose built and the Accomodation standard is excellent. I believe it offers much better value for money.

The distance is a factor but there are daily flights to Jerez and to be honest the ATPL is INTENSE and there will be times when quite frankly you do not Need the distractions of friends and family - they usually coincide with the times you most Want them around!!

That may sound careless but that is not my intention I'm just saying there are times that in order to do justice to the course and YOUR investment in YOURSELF being remote from the UK and all the domestic stuff (rush hour/traveling to digs/renting a place etc) has its advantages.

Ryanair has daily flights to STN and Monarch I think 5 times weekly to MAN. It is not far and guys/girls regularly go home to the UK for weekends.

Its a personal choice between the two I believe -and one that I think comes down to how you see yourself enjoying/fitting in with the expereince.

However, I would urge you to go and see BOTH.

You are going to be spending alot of money. All I can say for FTE is that once you pay for the course you only need your spends (beer money) as all else is included. (contingency fund not withstanding)