PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF CC CMS/CSS KPI review process......
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2007, 15:09
Left2assist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF CC CMS/CSS KPI review process......

I'd be interested to hear of other's experiences and thoughts re this process.
Mine has been nothing short of de-humanizing.

I've found it to be "subjective" process based not on your operational ability or performance but rather something far more sinister.

It gives ones "manager" the ability to rank you based on what they think your level of engagement is with management.

They have in my instance measured my "engagement" based on my willingness to do unpaid work. Firing emails off to other departments [using my own computer I assume], following operational things that occur in my own time etc. and attending what we are told are voluntary workshops.

Bizarrely, a colleague of mine was even told by their manger [despite their faultless performance] that she/he thought, that they considered management to be some kind of enemy and was marked down because of this unsubstantiated opinion.

This "profiling" being the sort of thing one would expect of some kind of twisted "cult" or Eastern block totalitarian regime.

Perhaps Today Tonight or a Current Affair ought to do an expose???

My overriding concern is that at some stage CSM's and CSS's will be culled based on the results of this grossly flawed and entirely SUBJECTIVE management tool.

I've raised these issues with the Longhaul FAAA and quite frankly it doesn't seem that they share my concerns or those of my colleagues.

As an aside, it's interesting to note that I have had numerous converstaions with crew expressing concerns about the dreadful treatment dished out to Longhaul crew from their "masters".

Specifically concerns that at some point some "unbalanced" or "fragile" individual is going to be bullied, harassed, intimidated and dehumanized to the point where they just "snap".

With possibly tragic consequences that extend well beyond the individual concerned.........

Last edited by Left2assist; 8th Sep 2007 at 15:29.