PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Family life in Dubai...?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2007, 15:02
FlyingCroc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expat life in the sandpit

It has all been said here, read through it. Work rules don't really exist, anyway you will work your maximum hours. Time away from homebase will be massive, if your wife is ok with than no problem. I think it depends a lot if you guys have kids or not. If you do she will stay busy driving etc (which is the most dangerous part of living here).
Other than that it is quite quit and easy to live here in the sandpit, there is not too much to do especially in the summer, too hot and humid. Activities are mainly indoors, shopping etc. Living depends on the apartment they will give you, it is not a specific compound where all employees are in it, anyway you are free to go everywhere in Dubai, there are no restrictions and there is few crime and no dangerous areas like in ATL.
Best tip come over here and and stay for a week longer, have a look, rent a car, thats the best way to make a decision.
I know Atlanta quite good and I prefer it hundred times over Dubai, however for a few years make some money why not try it. Have fun.