PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Online logbooks - Your thoughts please
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2007, 12:53
maxdrypower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhhh Horgan hows the IR going old boy , you must be nearly done surely ?
Personal flying log books are exactly that personal . Th e question isnt why wouldnt they want to , but why would they ? what benefit could be gained from publishing your logbook details online ? They are there as a personal record of flying , to prove experience to interested parties ie the CAA and potential employers . Would you really be interested in reading that Mr horgy above or myself flew one hour from barton to caernarfon on the 24th august 2007 ???? or that Capt Miggins flew 4 hrs from Manchester to Fuerteventura on 3rd sept ???? I doubt it , but whatever flicks your switch .
If you think about it your oogbook will show perhaps the first twenty hours of flight as home airfield to home airfield for one hour then maybe a few new airfields will feature toward the end , then a few stamps from the flying school for qual x countrys etc etc and will look pretty much the same as everyone elses logbook .
It might just be me but I cannot think of a single reason why I would want to see someone elses log book ??but who knows .